February 11, 2009

Patchworkdagen in Holland

Our two patchwork days were packed and hectic, but very gratifying. The people were wonderful. We had participants from Holland, Germany, France, Denmark, Sweden and Belgium, and probably other countries, as well.

Willy Alers and her daughter-in-law Janine from 't'Quiltgebeuren were in the first class. They claim to be the greatest fans of From Marti Michell templates in Holland! I say thanks! What I know for sure is that they make some wonderful quilts with our tools. Janine had shown me a wonderful piece last summer in Birmingham, England. What I loved is that the patchwork part is a mystery quilt of ours. She reduced it and made it with Set N of the Perfect Patchwork Templates, framed it and added the stitchery. This trip they had some other quilts and I did not have a chance to get pictures; I've asked if they will send them so I can share them with you here.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Mieke Duyck from Belgiuim. She is a teacher at The Patchwork Studio and was one of my translators some years ago when I was invited there to teach.

Mieke is an enthusiastic template user and she brought a terrific project she is working on with our Set F Sunburst templates.

I have done a two-color Sunburst, scrappy traditional Sunburst and even my "Provence Memory" quilting using Set F, but I don't think I would have ever thought to use Kaffe Fassett fabrics for the Sunburst. They are beautiful blocks!


Sunbursts"
When the show was over, I experienced another first. (Isn't it great that we can still have firsts?) We were treated to dinner with the Rhinetex staff at a restaurant that was attached to a riding academy and stables! Our table looked directly into the riding ring!

April Update
Meike sent us photos of her beautiful finished quilt!


No comments:

Post a Comment